Thursday, July 19, 2007

Restaurant Report: Cafe Dolce'

After completing a "shoot" (just throwing around some TV lingo....even though I am not sure if it is correct)David Williams, cameraman extraordinaire and all around good guy directed us to a new restaurant venue known as Cafe Dolce'. I am adding the accent mark just to make it read a little better or more swanky.

Lunch was the time of day and on Dave the Rave's suggestion we split a muffaletta and each had a bowl of chicken and andouille gumbo. Dave was raving about the gumbo (dark roux and great taste) and I would have to concur. The standard muffaletta on a toasted seeded bun was the sandwich item. It was good, there is of course the purists who would shun a toasted bun and probably flip out at the use of the seeds. Post Katrina it has been hard to find true "italian" bread in these areas to use on one's muffaletta. Nevertheless, I found no major complaint with this dish.

I will rate it at Not Too Bad on my first visit. It has the potential to move up into the Pretty Damn Good category, but, more visits will be needed to confirm that label.

Peace Out.

No comments: