Sunday, November 11, 2007

Homecoming 2007

Back on campus at Southeatern 2007. A chance to reconnect to people I have not seen in years. The thing about Homecoming is that you just don't know who is going to show up?

It was a beautiful day and unfortunately, unlike some guys in Texas I know, we did not have a big touch football game. There was some visiting with Frat brothers, new and old. Also, visiting with people I knew from back in the day.

What I noticed when visiting with people is that their core memories of you/events of the past are often conversely or inversely different that you core memories of those events. In fact, they may remember something that you do not. It often makes for interesting discussion. Sometimes I find myself saying "oh yeah, that's right" even though I have no idea what happened. I just don't want to spoil their memory of it.

But, for everyone it is just about the reconnection. Being with someone who has experienced similar things (college life) at similar times. How they have spent their lives since then. It is just in knowing that someone familiar is there. It kinda says to them "everything is right in the world at least at this moment." Reassurance is something we all need in our life. The more the better. Old friends can provide that.

Viva Southeastern, Viva the Alums, Viva my Frat Brothers.
Peace Out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always been intrigued by 'homecoming', I do not know a school in Canada that does this, I think it's a great tradition, and a great way to keep in touch. I think maybe we are just too busy here and let life get in the way or something.

ps - I'm from Ronnies blog