Tuesday, December 25, 2007

New Christmas Tradition?


What had previously been a get together with friends (a.k.a. The Peeps) to celebrate the Year and some Christmas Joy has been stepped up to a higher level or plane, I should say.

Combining the usual celebratory "meal"/"get together" with a visit to St. Louis Cathedral for Mass on the Sunday before Christmas, well sir that was sheer brillance in my mind (kudos to Francois' and Sandy for the venue).

Sure, we enjoyed the usual libations, usual wonderful food, and usual excellent time together. But, let's face it we would be able to do that anytime and anywhere. And have!

But, some how the simple act of attending church in this holy of holy places with the Archbishop doing the mass, well, bottom line, that took it all to a very "spiritual" level. During our post church activities there seemed to be an even more "closeness" to our group. And a geniuneness about that! There was time for reflection on things that we were "thankful" for, including our friendship and many other things. And while I have always found a general sense of wholesome friendship for all the members of our group for me there seemed to be an even greater sense of "family". A Bond on a Bond?

In a pause to reflect my life, I am thankful for my wonderful wife, my daughter, my family, Cindy's family, and "The Peeps".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KUDOS CHARLIE

LS