Saturday, February 16, 2008

the inevitability of it all......life

The inevitability of one's inevitability rears its ugly head when someone close to us passes on. My friend and co-worker Karen suddenly and unexpectedly lost the love of her life last night.

Its unexplaniable and yet it happens everyday. But, mostly to those we do not know.

This time it took Paul, loving husband, loving father, horticulturist extraordinare, teacher, father figure to many of his students, chef and all around good guy from us. Karen hurts, the family hurts, and we hurt.

We pause to reflect at times like these.........do we have all our affairs in order? We should remember to hug those that you love and tell them that everytime. And a bunch of other things that make us wary of our own mortality.

I don't know who the big timekeeper in the sky is......but......he is the one that will punch our clock.......I am hoping it ain't too soon for me or my friends.

In case I forget to say this recently.........I love you Cindy and Sarah, Grammy and Fran. All the members of my family and Cindy's family. I love you all my peeps, friends and readers. Make the BEST of the rest of your days here and with me.

Peace Upon You
R.I.P. - Paul Payne
Viva Karen and her family.

No comments: