Friday, August 22, 2008

Eating Pittsburgh..........pt. 2



At the 1980 Karnea we (a group of EPhi Delts) ventured out from the hotel for some food and stumbled upon a place calling itself "The Original OYSTER HOUSE". Ok, Oysters, in Pittsburgh??? WTF??? We skeptically went inside, discovered the "neighborhood, pittsburgh ambiance" (aka darkish and dirtyish) and took a chance with the Shrimp........NOT TOO BAD, pretty darn good in fact. Skepticism erased. Hey, the staff loved our fellow Louisianian Terry Bradshow. They can't be all bad.....those Steeler fans.
Fast forward to 2008, Karnea in Pittsburgh and venturing out from the Hotel, Gene and I found ourselves in Market Square......then........something somewhat familiar in the corner of the square.......could it be?.........yes, it was.......28 years later...."The Original OYSTER HOUSE". Now I know what your thinking....why, at an oyster house, did they not have oysters.......all I remembered were the shrimp. I know, why 28 years earlier didn't you eat the oysters......I shrugged my shoulders.....I just don't know. Oh well, back to the shrimp.....again, pretty darn good.
Another golden moment from my past replayed.
Viva The Original OYSTER HOUSE
Viva Gene
Peace Upon You

No comments: