Thursday, August 28, 2008

Here we go, again.......or do we?


It is at times like these (another Hurricane is bearing down on us) that I wonder, WTF I am doing living 6 blocks from Lake Pontchartrain? I just love it here, I just hate it here (during these times)! Insert the Clash lyrics.......Should I go or Should I stay?
I HATE THESE WORDS:
The Computer Models...
Projected Path of the Storm....
Apalachicola (you never hear of this place until a Hurricane is coming)
Cone of Uncertainty
Cone of Error
Landfall....
Tropical System
Tropical Storm
Tropical Depression
Storm Force Winds
Category 1
Category 2
Category 3
Category 4
Category 5
Levees
Pumping Stations
Contraflow
Voluntary Evacuation
Mandatory Evacuation
Rainfall Amounts
Eye of the Storm
Eye Wall
Storm Surge
Hurricane Advisory
Flash Flood Advisory
The Hurricane Hunters were out........
Squall Line
The price one must pay to live where one must live.
I love this place!!
Viva Cindy Jean
Viva 623 Maple
Peace Upon You

No comments: