Friday, January 16, 2009

Resolutionary, of sorts.....

When the calendar flips to January 1st I have generally pre-thought out a Resolution for the upcoming New Year. Only to abandon it shortly into the month, say maybe Jan. 3rd or 4th. One year I gave up French Fries, yes, French Fries (wtf was I thinking) that lasted just a few hours on January 1.

Last year I dieted (boy does that suck) and had a moderate weight loss. But, about Easter time C. J. and I went on vacation. Of course during travel times once must partake of the cuisine of the locals so as to keep them happy and keep you happy while traveling (you know, so you end up liking the trip). Couple that with the fact that it is a tough job being a self-imposed Food Critic. This all makes for disaster, yes, I fell off the Dreadmill. Actually, I was pretty much like the cats in the picture, not really on it, I was using it in this instance as a figure of speech. I must pause now and look up figure of speech. After a short time on dictionary.com I believe I am still within a general range of good English, check that mediocre English.

Onwoard nonetheless! Fast forward to this year and I have actually started getting on the Dreadmill. Depending on the music or the television program that is on t.v. (obviously located in the room with the treadmill) that 30 minutes on the Dreadmill can be shear hell or shear hell or somewhat plausible.

The mind games I play with my mind (insert joke here, shut up Rick) about getting on that Dreaded Dreadmill are something out of the Twilight Zone. Yet, when I am finished walking/jogging on it, I do feel better. It is that initial step on that is so harrowing.

Good news is that I have gotten past my usual Jan. 3rd or 4th failure day. Bad news, still have nearly half the month to go.

Here's hoping you are still holding to your New Year's Resolution!
To reference the movie What about Bob? It takes Baby Steps.

Viva the Treadmill
Viva C. J.
Good Health and Much Fortune to You
Peace Upon You

No comments: