Saturday, June 30, 2007

GC 101, Mr. Broussard, 5-6pm, Tuesdays and Saturdays

Yes, finally a course on Grass Cutting coming to a University near you. Lets start with the basics: Make sure your mower has gas, you change the oil (and check it too) regularly, and keep all accessories in their assigned place nearby.

Lesson #1 be sure to never cut the same area twice, oops, what I meant to say was the same path (direction) twice in a row. You see, grass grows better if it is cut in different directions.

So today as I cut the grass I went in a different direction than the last time. Previously I have used the left to right diagonal cut and the right to left diagonal cut both are classic Broussard touches. Today I did the rectangle with the clockwise cut.

Somehow I got completely lost in thought while cutting and began wondering about a concentric circle cut and a parallelogram cut......whew....suddenly I realized I was just a moment off kilter. Happily, I returned to reality and thought about the objective of changing cutting directions was what? Getting the grass to grow better! WTF was I thinking? Do I really want the grass growing better so that I have to cut it better? Truly the dichotomy of this whole situation.

Next time I have class with Mr. Broussard I promise to report further on his infinitesimal and infinitive wisdom as it relates to grass cutting. BTW, Mr. Broussard is a proud, self-proclaimed proponent of Scott's Brand Grass stuff.

Peace Out!

No comments: