Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saturday Morning Thoughts

How do you shake off the dirt associated with last night's experience? Move toward a more positive sphere? How is that for some psychobabble?

We had a second experience (outside the negative sphere of new car buying) worth note and deserving of some thought. After completing the process last night, exhausted, CJ and I went to Serrano's for some Mexican. Sorry, no restaurant report here, we were tired. I just know it was pretty darn good.

However, our server Astrid (who looked like a Jessica, she told us that and we agreed) was very courteous, helpful, and friendly. She was able to somehow smile us and serve us out of our exhausted negative doldrums (at least for a few minutes).

On the way out of the restaurant I stopped to tell the Manager that Astrid had done a good job for us....I prefaced the short talk with the words......"I know you probably are use to getting more complaints than compliments" (a subconscious correlation to my own job). His words were "Yes, we hear about all the complaints and when the experience was good, seldom do we hear about it."

Join me this week, I will be trying to catch people doing a good job and compliment them on it. Look at it as a way to increase the positive energy in the world and feel good about life. Yikes, it sounds a little hokie, but, what the heck.

Peace Out

No comments: