Monday, June 11, 2007

Mr. Perfect Lawn Man

You know him. He is in every neighborhood. He is in mine and his name is Mike Broussard. He cuts his grass twice a week. Waters it daily. I know that there are areas of his lawn that he actually cuts with a pair of scissors. Basically, he is as anal retentive as it comes when it comes to his grass. Sidebar: He is a great guy.

Being that most men have a competitive nature others try and without much luck to keep their lawns and gardens up to his standards. No way.

As for me, I do like a nice green lawn that has just been cut. I would prefer it if someone else is cutting it, but, I have relegated myself to the job. It is that or part with $80-100 a month. Not gonna do it. At least for now.

Besides the needed exercise, it can be some source of pride for me if it looks good (like right after it is cut). Main problem: I only have a dire need to cut it about every two weeks. That puts me 3 cuts behind Mr. Perfect Lawn Man.

Oh well, I have resolved to allow him to beat my ass in grass cutting. I will find other ways to beat his ass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need someone to play the antithesis of Mike, I'd like to audition for the part. Feel free to drive by my house at any given moment to see if I have any potential in that area.