Thursday, June 7, 2007

That Damn iPOD

I have it rolling in the background as I search the net, check my email, and pay my bills and DAMN IT, it does it again.........carries me right back to the 70's.....straight out of the Mad Dogs and Englishmen Album comes the tune Delta Lady sung by the incomparable Joe Cocker. When I first saw him I thought he was a spaz, once I heard him.......damn he can sing.

This song transported me to the backyard pool of Mr. and Mrs. Rene' Tricou in Hammond just blocks from the Delt House. From an invite by Randy Tricou we would go over for a splash, some games, and get the chance to hear our Delt Chick Anthem.....Delta Lady. How good was life? Pretty Damn Good and we didn't have a clue or an inkling. Pressure free (except around finals) and stress free with no cares in the world. It was a peaceful time. I think we took things for granted back then or at least didn't realize how good we had it made. Retrospect.....Pretty Damn Good.

Next the iPOD cranked out Feeling Alright by Cocker.....I am fired up with no place to go.....its hell being old.

Thanks Tricous! You never failed to share the fun in your lives with those around you.
Peace Out

No comments: