Wednesday, July 25, 2007

In the Air Tonight.


I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord. Thanks, Phil. Yep, go outside just after it hits dawn tonight and take a deep breath, then another. You can feel it out there, you know its there and you just can't put your finger on it. I know it.....I feel it......I am ready for it.......are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

No, the fall weather has not blown across the plains of Nebraska for me to have this feeling. Down here in Humidity City its the calendar that gives it away. It is the beginning of the school year and preseason practice that provides other clues. It could be a whistle here and a whistle there on the field or in the stadium. It could preseason media junkets, preseason all-star picks, or the preseason coaches vote for who is suppose to finish first. There are a lot of signs. I know its out there and I am ready to take it on.

I am not one of those fantasy geeks who spends countless hours making up made up teams that don't really play and rely on players have great days out on the field. I am your analytical purist (I analyze the plays, players, and coaches---its the coaching background, I'm sorry)....love to watch a good high school game to see the future talent......love to watch a good college game.......pros are last on my totem pole, but, gotta love the Saints!

As a side to all the hoopty la associated with games I will get to spend some time tailgating (an added attraction to the game....a great time to visit with good friends and have to great food).

Don't forget to vote in my POLL: Are the Saints going to make it to the Super Bowl this year?

Yes, I did include a picture of the God Father of Football in Louisiana.....symbolic icon.

I am ready for some Football!
Go Lions
Go Saints

Comments Welcome.
Peace Out.

No comments: