Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Are You "IN IT"?


So, the ole lady is away Cruising......idle time.......I'll watch that movie "Garden State"? Heck, I had seen bits and pieces of it over a long period of time.

OK, so this cute, age of discovery, first love of your life movie rolls.............it has got just enough to keep me interested until a scene pulled me straight up in bed.

Cut to scene: Andrew Largeman (Zach Braff) is revealing his inner feelings (because he accidentally caused his mother to become wheelchair bound and has been dealing with the emotions surrounding this incident for years) to his female companion Sam (Natalie Portman). He is deep in the moment (immersed) when Sam says "You're IN IT"......he looks at her quizzically???? Sam then says that her mom says that when you are like that (deep in thought about an experience and you are somehow experiencing it) that you're "IN IT".

BINGO.........IN IT.........I find myself that way when I am writing this blog, listening to music, or replaying a restaurant report. So deep into it sometimes you can almost smell, hear, see, feel, touch everything about the moment. Lately, there are more and more times that I feel myself "IN IT". I find that fascinating. Gotta think that this is something that comes with age?

BTW, Garden State, worth the rental fee, nominated for 25 awards, winner of 10.
Viva Zach Braff and Natalie Portman
Sorry Randall, no sex scenes!

Peace Out

No comments: