Monday, May 11, 2009

Coffee Grounds....


I have been watching Starbucks recently...I should say the people in Starbucks...there is a lot going on in a Starbuck Coffee shop. They have people doing business...like interviewing people...checking work email...sending out work email...making calls...flat out doing work.
Then they have students studying and talking and talking and studying. They have regular and decaf people talking and drinking coffee.
Starbucks is the "safe" place to meet your online hook-up for the first introductory, we don't have to go any farther than this date, or how fast can we go back to your place date.
The world is going on inside of Starbucks. Hell, they invented there own freaking language...Tall, Grande, and Venti. WTF happened to Small, Medium and freaking Large? It is a "cool" place to go to and see all kinds of celebs and wannabe celebs. I just go there for coffee, but, I must admit I am paying more attention these days.
As to the coffee it can be addicting, I needed an Intervention just to get me from drinking a cinnamon or gingerbread or pumpkin latte' over and over again. Thankfully I went to SA and followed their 12 step program and back on my feet. But, I had to confess that after lunch one day I had a Chocolate something or other that literally tasted like a liquid dessert. Awesome, but, I fessed up, no more for me. Until I give in again. I'm sorry!
There are like lots of different coffees and teas they sell and a million ways to order them and they will take your money over and over again. I feel better fessing up.
Next time you go to Starbucks check the people out and see if you can figure out what they are doing there (besides drinking coffee), you never know maybe your neighbor and some woman who is not his wife will be up in Starbucks trying to make nicey nice.
Viva Starbucks.
Peace Upon You

No comments: